Offering impressive safety, exceptional efficiency and seamless connectivity, Malibu is thoughtfully engineered with everything you expect and more. It’s not just to be liked, it’s to be loved. With J.D. Power naming it “Most Dependable Midsize Car†,” it’s a love that’s sure to last (current award based on 2013 model).
Malibu brings a sense of drama to everyday driving. Windswept body lines and an agile stance give this midsize car a sleek look while helping to provide a surprisingly sporty ride. And with bright and eye-catching available LED daytime running lamps and available LED taillamps, Malibu offers the perfect blend of form and function.
Malibu has a spacious interior carefully tailored to your needs and the needs of your passengers. An intuitive center console puts controls where you need them, while built-in USB ports† and an available wireless charging† station offer plenty of options for keeping your compatible devices connected and charged.
Head-turning style with exceptional efficiency. Malibu Hybrid comes with a 1.8L hybrid engine offering 49 MPG city,† and hybrid-exclusive features like the Driver Efficiency Gauge — which provides feedback on how your driving habits affect fuel economy† — to help you get the most out of every gallon.
Malibu Premier offers exhilarating performance to match its stunning good looks, pairing a 250-horsepower 2.0L turbocharged ECOTEC engine with a 9-speed automatic transmission.
Available active safety technologies like Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking and Lane Keep Assist work to help you prevent collisions before they happen. In the event of a collision, Malibu comes with a comprehensive air bag† system and high-strength steel body structure to help protect you, and offers OnStar† Automatic Crash Response to contact emergency services on your behalf. And to top it off, the Malibu has earned a IIHS Top Safety Pick + Award when equipped with available Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking.
The 2017 Chevrolet Malibu comes with a comprehensive air bag† sensing system that will deploy air bags in a collision from any direction. In the event of an impact, a high-strength steel safety cage provides impressive protection.
When the air bags deploy, built-in sensors can automatically alert an OnStar† Advisor (if equipped), who is connected to your Malibu to see if you need help and will contact emergency services. Even if you don’t respond, an OnStar Advisor can use GPS technology to pinpoint your location and request that emergency help is sent right away.
Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important safety information. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual important feature limitations and information.
Malibu offers a built-in system to help encourage safe driving habits, and with its industry-first in-vehicle report card, Teen Driver can let parents know how their teenager drove the vehicle and help them as they continue to coach their new drivers. By inputting a PIN into your available Chevrolet MyLink† display, available Teen Driver technology can enable a whole host of features including:
With the available Chevrolet MyLink† display, Malibu offers more advanced ways to connect, like support for Apple CarPlayTM†, which is a smarter way to use your iPhone® to make calls, listen to music, get directions and more on the touch-screen display. For Android users, Android AutoTM† compatibility allows you to connect your compatible smartphone to the tablet-like center display to use select apps, access your calendar and playlists, or navigate with Google MapsTM†.
Activated when a second-row door is opened and closed during or just before a trip, this new feature reminds you to check the back seat with five audible chimes and a message in the driver information center.
Turn your compatible mobile device into a command center for your vehicle. Start/stop† your engine and lock/unlock† your doors with the tap of a finger. You can even send destinations to your available navigation system, view diagnostic information and set parking reminders from virtually anywhere. It’s a simpler and smarter way to stay connected to your compatible† Chevrolet vehicle.†
As your comprehensive owner benefit program, Chevrolet Complete Care ensures our commitment to owner satisfaction for all 2017 Chevrolet vehicles.
* The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.
***The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Includes destination freight charge and gas guzzler tax.
1. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more information.
2. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.
3. Go to my.chevrolet.com/learn to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle.
4. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. MyLink on Malibu does not include CD player.
5. Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google Inc.
6. Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible iPhone and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
7. Not compatible with all devices.
8. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.
9. Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.
10. The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. Some devices require an adaptor or back cover. To check for phone or other device compatibility, visit my.chevrolet.com/learn for details.
To allow you to do an accurate price comparison with prices featured on other Internet sites, GM provides Internet pricing both with and without the Destination Freight Charge (see prices including Destination Freight Charge below). To get full pricing details, go to our Build Your Own section.