Silverado 3500HD takes your work as seriously as you do. Maybe that’s why it’s been named “Most Dependable Large Heavy Duty Pickup, Two Years in a Row” by J.D. Power, based on past models†. And now there’s a new available Duramax Diesel that generates more torque than ever before, giving you the confidence to tow and haul the big loads with ease. Silverado HD: the most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickup on the road.†
Nearly everything about the available Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel engine is all new, resulting in 910 lb.-ft. of torque, class-leading horsepower and all the towing peace of mind you need. We also reimagined the hood on Silverado HD diesel models with functional vents that enable easier, more confident hauling and trailering.
Silverado HD offers two heavy-duty truck engines: the standard gasoline-powered VortecTM 6.0L V8 and the available Duramax® 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 that generates 910 lb.-ft. of torque. Both work in tandem with our advanced trailering technologies to deliver exceptional control and capability.
The standard VortecTM 6.0L V8 builds power at low rpm for a flatter torque curve. It reaches peak horsepower (360 hp) at only 5400 rpm and peak torque (380 lb.-ft.) at 4200 rpm.
There are more than 1 million Duramax® Diesel engines with Allison® transmissions on the road today with over 100 billion miles of experience. Now we’ve taken that proven power and perfected it, creating this available engine that churns out an earthshaking 910 lb.-ft. of torque, a class-leading 445 horsepower, plus all the confidence you’ll need when towing.
To create a 19% increase in max torque, we rethought nearly everything on the available Duramax Diesel. The cylinder heads are stronger and stiffer, and our taller engine block allows for a more robust piston design. The crankshaft has larger connecting rod journals, and an active drain crankcase oil separator allows for better operation when you’re pulling big loads.
The patented induction system in the Duramax Diesel uses two air inlets — through the new hood scoop and near the fender — to satisfy the intake needs of this powerful engine. This improves performance and helps ensure water and debris intake is a non-issue, even in extreme conditions.
The added horsepower and torque of the Duramax Diesel are benefits you can feel. But we didn’t stop there. This engine also reduced noise and vibration with acoustic rocker covers, isolated injectors, a full-length acoustic lower oil pan and an all-new fuel system.
In addition to big-time towing capability, Silverado HD has several built-in features, including the available Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package, designed to help provide confidence, stability, safety and control.
2500HD tows up to:
3500HD tows up to:
Trailer Sway Control detects when your trailer is swaying and applies the truck’s brakes, as well as the trailer’s brakes using the available Trailer Brake Controller, to help bring it back in line.
The available Diesel Exhaust Brake System helps reduce the amount of conventional braking needed while towing or traveling downhill, which can slow wear and tear on your brakes.
Available as dealer-installed Chevrolet Accessories, our durable fifth-wheel hitches feature an easy drop-in design. Combine them with an available factory-installed Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package and you have everything you need to tow big trailers with confidence.
The Trailering Camera System, available from Chevrolet Accessories, helps eliminate blind spots, enhances your ability to line up your trailer and hitch when backing up, and can even let you keep an eye on important cargo such as horses or livestock in the trailer.
You need to use the right material for the job. Silverado HD features a roll-formed steel cargo box that’s lighter, stronger and more durable than traditional stamped-steel boxes, so you can secure loads with confidence.
The available factory-installed spray-in bedliner adds a permanently bonded layer to your cargo box. Thick, water-sealed and finished with the Chevy bowtie, it’s an effective way to help prevent damage to the backbone of your gas or diesel truck.
Secure cargo your way with available upper and lower tie-down hooks rated to secure up to 250 lbs.† each. Reconfiguring your setup in the dark? Available LED bed lighting enhances visibility.
Sometimes a step makes all the difference. Prop yourself up with the CornerStep rear bumper, an ingenious feature no competitor offers.
This is the place where comfort meets capability. Seats are designed for an all-day drive, and the quiet cabin is ideal for making a phone call or planning your next job. Smart features like upper and lower glove boxes mean there’s always room for your gear.
Silverado HD is quiet, thanks in part to sound-deadening materials and inlaid, triple-sealed doors, while dual firmness foam seats provide added comfort and support.
Centrally located controls put important functions at your fingertips, while large knobs and buttons are conveniently designed to accommodate gloved hands.
Forward-hinged rear doors make getting in and out of Silverado HD Double Cab models easier.
Powerful meets premium with the 2017 Silverado HD High Country. It includes:
Available Chevrolet MyLink† keeps you connected through an available 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen, and syncs with your smartphone so you can initiate voice-activated calls and other commands. And you can plug in mobile devices with multiple USB ports† and power outlets.
Choose the vehicle information you want to see — and how you want to see it — with the available 4.2-inch diagonal color Driver Information Center (DIC).
Perfect for small business owners looking to ensure their workers are good company representatives, Teen Driver technology encourages safe driving habits in a number of ways, like giving audible and visual warnings when the vehicle is traveling over the predetermined speed.
Turn your compatible mobile device into a command center for your vehicle. Start/stop† your engine and lock/unlock† your doors with the tap of a finger. You can even send destinations to your available navigation system, view diagnostic information and set parking reminders from virtually anywhere. It’s a simpler and smarter way to stay connected to your compatible† Chevrolet vehicle.†
Silverado HD offers available active safety technologies – including Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning and the Safety Alert Driver Seat – that help prevent collisions before they happen.
Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information.
* The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.
***The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Includes destination freight charge and gas guzzler tax.
1. Dependability based on longevity: 1987–July 2016 full-size pickup registrations.
23. The Chevrolet Silverado HD received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among large heavy duty pickups in the J.D. Power 2016 Initial Quality Study, based on 80,157 total responses, evaluating 245 models, and measures the opinions of new 2016 vehicle owners after 90 days of ownership, surveyed in February-May 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
25. The Chevrolet Silverado HD received the highest numerical score among large heavy duty pickups in the J.D. Power 2015-2016 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Studies. 2016 study based on responses from 33,560 U.S. original owners of 2013 model-year vehicles after three years of ownership about problems experienced in the past 12 months, surveyed in October-December 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
30. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.
31. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Map coverage available in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
32. Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations.
33. Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Data plans provided by AT&T.
To allow you to do an accurate price comparison with prices featured on other Internet sites, GM provides Internet pricing both with and without the Destination Freight Charge (see prices including Destination Freight Charge below). To get full pricing details, go to our Build Your Own section.