I. Chevrolet Electric Terms of Service
Last Modified: June 1, 2021
Thank you for your interest. Please read all of these terms and conditions carefully.
Look for These Symbols
- The Info (i) symbols indicate more information or limitations about a feature.
- The numerical footnotes and symbols indicate that important information or limitations are either listed at the bottom of the page or included as a pop up that will open when the symbol is clicked.
1. Your Acceptance
- By using the Chevrolet Electric Web site, you agree to and accept (1) these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"), and (2) the Privacy Statement found at https://www.gm.com/privacy. If you do not agree with the Terms of Service, or the Privacy Statement, please do not use the Web site.
2. The Chevrolet Electric Web Site and Third Party Links
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Chevrolet Electric Web site.
- The Chevrolet Electric Web site may contain links to third-party Web sites that are not owned or controlled by General Motors ("GM"), including but not limited to links to web sites for GM dealers (Third Party Web sites). GM has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any Third Party Web sites. In addition, GM will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any Third Party Web site. By clicking on links, you expressly relieve GM from any and all liability arising from your use of any Third Party Web site, or from the content of any Third Party Web site.
- In order to access some features of the Chevrolet Electric Web site, you may have to create an account. By using or creating an account, you agree to the Account Guidelines found in Section II.
4. General Use of the Web site -- Permissions and Restrictions
GM hereby grants you permission to access and use the Chevrolet Electric Web site as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Chevrolet Electric Web Site.
- You agree not to access website content through any technology or any unauthorized means other than user interaction expressly invited on the Chevrolet Electric Web site itself.
- You agree not to use the website, for any commercial use. Prohibited commercial use includes any of the following actions taken without GM's express approval:
- Sale of access to the Chevrolet Electric Web site or its related services on another Web site;
- Use of the Chevrolet Electric Web site or its related services for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue;
- The sale of advertising, on the Chevrolet Electric Web site or any third-party Web site, targeted to Web site content;
- Any use of the Chevrolet Electric Web site or its related services that GM finds, in its sole discretion, to use GM's resources with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for the Web site content or any products or services featured on the Web site.
- Any use that GM expressly authorizes in writing.
5. Your Use of Content on the Chevrolet Electric Web Site
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the Chevrolet Electric Web site.
- The content on the Chevrolet Electric Web site, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to GM, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- You may access Chevrolet Electric Web site Content only as permitted under this Agreement. GM reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Web site Content.
- You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than as expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution content obtained through the Web site for any commercial purposes.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Web site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Web site or the Content therein.
6. Copyright Infringement Notification
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that contains the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material on our Chevrolet Electric Web Site that is claimed to be infringing, with information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the matter complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such written notification should be sent to:
General Motors LLC
300 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48265
7. Vehicle Information
- The Chevrolet Electric Web site provides certain information concerning vehicles, including without limitation feature descriptions, pricing and fees. The material that appears on the Web site is for general informational purposes only. While GM aims to provide accurate information on the Web site, please be aware that the Web site may, from time to time, contain errors. The Web site includes materials and information collected from and provided by third parties, including without limitation participating dealers, vendors and financial institutions (collectively, “Third Party Providers”), that GM may not have evaluated or reviewed. GM cannot verify the information that Third Party Providers supply to the Chevrolet Electric Web site, nor can GM guarantee that the vehicles listed on the Chevrolet Electric Web site will be delivered in the condition described. GM makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any of the materials or information on the Web sites, and you should not rely on it without independent verification.
- If you are interested in or have questions about any of the vehicle information provided on the Web site, including without limitation equipment, accessories, prices, incentives, offers, fees or discounts, you should contact the applicable Third Party Provider for more information.
- If you believe information on the Chevrolet Electric Web site is inaccurate, please bring it to our attention by forwarding a copy of the information along with an explanation of the inaccuracies to the Digital Retail Platform team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Vehicle Purchasing
- The Web site offers functionality to facilitate transactions between vehicle buyers and Third Party Providers; however, GM is not a party to any transaction between you and Third Party Providers. Except for MSRP and certain manufacturer incentives, all pricing information for vehicles listed on the Web site is supplied by Third Party Providers, not by GM. The prices listed on the Web site may exclude certain applicable incentives, discounts, rebates, offers, equipment and upfit costs, tax, finance charges, title, license, regulatory, dealer documentary, emission testing, and compliance fees, any or all of which may be added or subtracted to the listed price to arrive at the final sale price of a particular vehicle. Before purchasing any good or service, you have seen on the Web site, you should verify all pricing terms with the applicable Third Party Provider. The ultimate price and other terms of any sale remain subject to direct negotiation between you and the applicable Third Party Providers.
- The vehicles listed on the Chevrolet Electric Web site may have been altered or upfitted with equipment, bodies, or components supplied by independent suppliers. Such alterations or upfits may not be covered under or may void the manufacturer warranty on the vehicle and could impact the safety of the vehicle. GM is not responsible for the safety or quality of design features, materials or workmanship of any alterations by any such supplier. You should contact the applicable Third Party Provider for more information about any aftermarket accessories or upfit kits that may be installed on vehicles listed on the Web site.
9. Account Termination Policy
- GM reserves the right to terminate a User's access to its Chevrolet Electric Web site if, under appropriate circumstances, they are determined to be a repeat infringer.
- GM reserves the right to decide whether Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length. GM may remove any Chevrolet Electric Web site content and terminate a User's access for uploading material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
10. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE CHEVROLET ELECTRIC WEB SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. GM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEB SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS, ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEB SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEB SITE BY ANY THIRD-PARTY, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEB SITE. GM DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD-PARTY THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. GM IS NOT A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
11. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL GM, OR ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEB SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS, ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEB SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEB SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE ABOVE PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Chevrolet Electric Web site is operated and offered in the United States of America. GM makes no representations that the Chevrolet Electric Web site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Chevrolet Electric Web site from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GM, and its parent corporation, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Chevrolet Electric Web site; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; or (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, publicity or privacy right. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Chevrolet Electric Web site.
13. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by GM without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Chevrolet Electric Web site shall be deemed solely based in New York; and (ii) the Chevrolet Electric Web site shall be deemed a passive Web site that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over GM, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than New York. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of New York, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and GM that arises in whole or in part from, or that relates to, the Chevrolet Electric Web site shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York, New York. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice https://www.gm.com/privacy and any other legal notices published by GM on the Chevrolet Electric Web site, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and GM concerning the Chevrolet Electric Web site. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and GM's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. GM reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Chevrolet Electric Web site following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE CHEVROLET ELECTRIC WEB SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
II. Account Guidelines ("Guidelines")
Last Modified: June 1, 2021
These Guidelines govern your use of accounts across certain websites, mobile apps, and connected vehicle services provided by General Motors and its affiliates (collectively “GM”, “our”, or “we.”) By creating or using an account, you agree and accept the following, subject to our Privacy Statement found at https://www.gm.com/privacy/. If you do not agree you may not use an account.
In order to access secure features on our websites, mobile apps, and through connected vehicle services you may be asked to create an account.
Please provide accurate and complete information when creating an account. During the creation process, we may send you notifications to verify your e-mail address and telephone number. We may also use your contact information to send you notices and to verify purchases and send you important alerts. Data or messaging rates may apply when receiving notifications via SMS. For more details, see our Privacy Statement at https://www.gm.com/privacy/ and our Texting Policy at https://www.gm.com/texting-policy.html.
You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs with your account, and you must keep your account password secure. If you wish to share your account with a family member, you may do so by sending them a family sharing request.
After creating your account, you should notify GM immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use. GM will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account. However, you may be liable for losses to GM or other parties due to such unauthorized use.
Accounts may be unavailable from time to time and functionally may vary depending on the country where you are attempting to access your account. If you change your country of residence you should notify us and may need to setup a new account where available.
If GM reasonably suspects a risk of fraud or misuse by a third party accessing your account, GM may immediately suspend your access.
You represent and warrant that you have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence and have full legal capacity to enter into binding contracts. If you do not satisfy these eligibility requirements, then you should refrain from creating or using an account. You are not permitted to use any account until such time as you satisfy these eligibility requirements.
Account services do not target, through advertising, appearance, links to other sites or otherwise, children under the age of 13. If You are under the age of 13 or are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, please be aware that GM does not permit registration by, and does not knowingly collect any information from, children under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, You must not allow them to use, or consent to their registration to use, any account.
On occasion, GM may provide additional terms for products and services that you may obtain through websites, mobile apps, or connected vehicle services provided by GM. When you accept these additional terms, they will govern products and services that you receive through your account. For example, after creating an Account you may elect to enroll in My GM Rewards. In such case, you will need to accept My GM Rewards Program Terms and Conditions that will govern your use of My GM Rewards through your account.
Subject to your compliance with these Guidelines, GM grants you a limited, personal, noncommercial (unless a permitted use in connection with Fleet Vehicles), non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-exclusive license to create and lawfully use an account for its intended purpose as describe in these Guidelines. You agree to abide by this license when creating and using an account. GM reserves all rights not expressly granted.
- You agree not to access an account through any technology or any unauthorized means other than your personal user interactions with our websites, mobile apps, and connected vehicle services;
- You agree not to use or launch any automated systems, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," to accesses our websites, mobile apps, or connected vehicle services through an account;
- You agree not to use communication systems provided through an account (e.g. SMS text notifications, email alerts, or user comments) to harass other users or for any commercial solicitation;
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features or features designed to prevent unauthorized use of an account; and
- You agree to comply with these Guidelines and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- Violations of these Guidelines may result in a warning or termination of your account in our sole discretion.
To help improve the quality of our websites, mobile apps, and connected vehicle services we may provide user feedback channels to allow you to share your experiences.
By submitting feedback, you accept the following and agree that you will not use or attempt to use feedback channels for any unlawful purpose, including any purpose that:
- Promotes violence, abuse, or harassment to an individual or group of people;
- Transmits any advertisements, solicitations, schemes, or other unsolicited commercial communications;
- Encourages child exploitation or otherwise harms minors in any way;
- Impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Incites illegal or unlawful activities;
- Violates any third party's intellectual property rights;
- Infringes any third party's right of privacy; or
- Unlawfully transmits or uploads any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information.
By submitting feedback, you grant GM a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute such feedback in any and all media or distribution methods now known or later developed. You agree that this license includes the right for GM to promote and improve our services and make any feedback you submit available to our affiliates and third parties for syndication, broadcast, distribution, promotion, and publication. No compensation will be paid to you with respect to any feedback you submit and your use of our websites, mobile apps, and connected vehicle services are hereby agreed as being sufficient compensation for the rights granted.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for any feedback you provide, including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
GM does not take responsibility for any user feedback and does not endorse any user feedback or opinions expressed.
GM reserves the right at all times, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, to remove any objectionable feedback and to revoke your account for violating these Guidelines.
Certain services provided through your account may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by GM, including but not limited to links to websites for GM dealers (collectively "Third-Party Website(s).") GM has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any Third-Party Website. By clicking on links to third-party websites, you expressly relieve GM from all liability arising from your use of any Third-Party Website, or from the content of any Third-Party Website.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF AN ACCOUNT SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW GM AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES AND THE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS THEREOF (COLLECTIVELY "PROVIDER PARTY") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH ACCOUNT SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. GM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT ACCOUNT SERVICES AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ACCOUNT SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED THROUGH ACCOUNT SERIVECS BY ANY THIRD-PARTY, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH ACCOUNT SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW, PROVIDER PARTYSHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACCOUNT SERVICES FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR AMOUNTS FOR LOSS OF INCOME, PROFITS, OR SAVINGS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ACCOUNT SERVICES. THESE LIMITS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY EVEN IF PROVIDER PARTY KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES AND WHETHER ARISING BASED ON NEGLIGENCE, TORT, OR BREACH OF CONTRACT. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY COURT FINDS PROVIDER PARTY LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM IN CONNECTION WITH ACCOUNT SERVICES, AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT PROVIDER PARTY SHALL COLLECTIVELY ONLY BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT DAMAGES AND THE MAXIMUM DAMAGES FOR ALL SUCH CLAIMS IN THE AGGREGATE SHALL BE NO GREATER THAN $100.00.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO AN ACCOUNT MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GM, and its parent corporation, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of an account; (ii) your violation of any term of these Guidelines; or (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, publicity or privacy right. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Guidelines.
These Guidelines, and any rights granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by GM without restriction.
If any provision of these Guidelines is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Guidelines, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Guidelines shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term, and GM's failure to assert any right or provision under these Guidelines shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. GM reserves the right to amend these Guidelines at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Guidelines for any changes. Your use of an account following any amendment of these Guidelines will signify your assent to and acceptance of any revised terms.
Last Modified: June 1, 2021
Copyright 2021 General Motors. All Rights Reserved. All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music and other materials on this website are subject to the copyright and other intellectual property rights of GM. These materials may not be reproduced, distributed, modified or reposted to other websites without the express written permission of GM.
The marks appearing on this website including, but not limited to: (i) GM and the GM Logo; (ii) Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, GMC and their respective logos, emblems, slogans and vehicle model names and body designs; and (iii) other marks such as ACDelco and OnStar are trademarks and/or service marks of GM, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors.
The information contained herein is designed to be as comprehensive and factual as possible. We reserve the right, however, to make changes at any time, without notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, models and availability. Some links provided in this site may lead to sites furnished by independent site owners. The information presented therein is the sole responsibility of those site owners. GM and its advertising agencies have no control or responsibility for the content of independent sites and provides these links to its visitors for their convenience.
IV. Important Information
Last Modified: June 1, 2021
Chevrolet Limited Powertrain Warranty (2016 and 2017)
Every 2016 and newer Chevy passenger car, light-duty truck, SUV and crossover comes with a 5-year/60,000-mile (whichever comes first) transferable Limited Powertrain Warranty. In addition to the warranty, you get the 5-year/60,000-mile (whichever comes first) 24/7 Roadside Assistance Program, the Courtesy Transportation Program, and much more. Refer to your Chevrolet Limited Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet or see dealer for details.
Every 2016/2017 2500/3500 series Heavy Duty (HD) Silverado Pickup equipped with a 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel Engine comes with a 5-year/100,000-mile Limited Powertrain Warranty and 5-year/100,000-mile 24/7 Roadside Assistance Program and Courtesy Transportation Programs.
New Vehicle Limited Warranty (2016/2017)
GM vehicles registered in the U.S.A. are covered for 36,000 miles/3 years (whichever comes first). The complete vehicle is covered ΓÇö including tires, towing to your nearest Chevrolet dealership and cosmetic corrosion resulting from defects. Repairs will be made to correct any vehicle defect, and most warranty repairs will be made at no charge. In addition, rust-through corrosion will be covered for 100,000 miles/6 years (whichever comes first). See dealer for details.
Electric Hybrid Warranty
For vehicles sold in the United States, in addition to the Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage described previously, Chevrolet will warrant certain components for Each Chevrolet Volt, and Bolt EV, and Malibu Hybrid for 8 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 kilometers), whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific electric propulsion components of the vehicle.
Chevrolet products are equipped with engines produced by GM Powertrain or other suppliers to GM worldwide. The engines in Chevrolet products may also be used in other GM makes and models.
Chevrolet vehicles and their components are assembled or produced by different operating units of General Motors, its subsidiaries or suppliers to GM worldwide. We sometimes find it necessary to produce Chevrolet vehicles with different or differently sourced components than originally scheduled. Since some options may be unavailable when your vehicle is assembled, we suggest you verify that your vehicle includes the equipment you ordered and that, if there were changes, they are acceptable to you.
An Important Note About Alterations and Warranties
Installations or alterations to the original GM-equipped vehicle (or chassis) are not covered by the General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The special body company, assembler, equipment installer or upfitter is solely responsible for warranties on the body or equipment and any alterations (or any effect of the alterations) to any of the parts, components, systems or assemblies installed by GM. General Motors is not responsible for the safety or quality of design features, materials or workmanship of any alterations by such suppliers.
A Note on Child Safety
Always use safety belts and the correct restraint for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with a passenger air bag. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
Important Words About This Website
We have tried to make this website comprehensive and factual. We reserve the right, however, to make changes at any time, without notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, models and availability. Specifications, dimensions, measurements, ratings and other numbers on this website are approximates based upon design and engineering drawings, prototypes and laboratory tests. Your vehicle may differ due to variations in manufacture and equipment. Please check with your Chevrolet dealer for complete details. Chevrolet reserves the right to lengthen or shorten the model year for any product for any reason or to start and end model years at different times. Certain vehicle features may lose their usefulness over time due to obsolescence from technological changes. Unless otherwise noted, all claims are based on GM segmentation and exclude other GM vehicles.
Trailering and Off-Road Information
Please go to chevy.com and carefully review an Owner's Manual for important safety information about trailering or off-road driving in your vehicle.
Some standard content may be deleted on fleet orders. See dealer for details.
Chevrolet is committed to enhancing the ownership experience through a wide array of programs. For more information about 24-hour Roadside Assistance, Courtesy Transportation, Customer Assistance Center, Chevy Safety, marketing and incentives, visit chevy.com/owners.
(1-800-323-9935) GM Mobility™ offers financial assistance for eligible adaptive equipment to make automotive travel easier for persons with disabilities or special transportation needs. To learn more about special GM Mobility offers, visit gmmobility.com/owners.
Chevrolet Owner Center
Register your vehicle with the Chevrolet Owner Center, and receive benefits such as online access to your vehicle Owner's Manual, maintenance schedule reminders, service history tracking, warranty and service information, safety information, special offers and privileges, and news and events.
Chevrolet Accessories eStore
Pricing, Errors and Omissions: Displayed part prices are the Manufacturer’ Suggested Retail Price (MSRP), which excludes shipping, installation, wheel components (if applicable), taxes and any other fees that may apply. Dealer prices may vary as participating dealers are solely responsible to set final part prices. Installation prices, where applicable, are also set by the dealer. Prices are subject to change without notice. Acknowledgement of an order means that your order has been received; it does not mean that your order has been accepted or shipped or that the price or availability of an item has been confirmed. Chevrolet makes a conscientious effort to describe and display products accurately on this site. Despite these efforts, items on the site may be mispriced, inaccurately described or unavailable. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information, including prices, images, specifications, availability and services. Chevrolet reserves the right to change or update information to correct errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time without prior notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Return Policy: Chevrolet Accessories purchased online and shipped directly to a customer or picked-up at a participating dealership may be returned for a complete refund, including shipping, within 30 days of customer receipt. To be eligible for a return, the Chevrolet Accessory must also be in original condition (i.e. new and unused), and must be returned with all parts/components, instructions and the original shipping container. To qualify for a refund, customer must return an eligible accessory to the selling dealership.
Limited Warranty: Chevrolet Accessories installed by an authorized GM Dealer will be covered, parts and labor, for the longer of the following: a) 12 months/12,000 miles (whichever comes first), or b) the balance of the applicable portion of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. See your dealer for details. Chevrolet Accessories (i) purchased at a dealership (but not installed by a dealer), (ii) shipped directly to a customer, or (iii) not requiring installation, will receive the standard GM Dealer Parts Warranty of 12 months from the date of purchase, parts only, regardless of miles. Associated Accessories are provided by independent companies and are not warranted by GM or its dealers. The independent company providing an Associated Accessory, rather than GM, is responsible for the safety and quality of Associated Accessories. For more details on exhaust system compliance with local and state noise ordinances, trailer weight rating calculations, cargo limitations, load trailer weight capacities and possible installation charges incurred with certain accessories, contact your local GM Dealer.
Shipping: All Ship to Home shipping from the Chevrolet Accessories eStore will be via FedEx per listed deliver options.
GM, the GM Logo, Chevrolet, the Chevrolet Logo, and the slogans, emblems, vehicle model names, vehicle body designs, and other marks are the trademarks and/or service marks of General Motors, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors. All rights reserved. SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries. The Bluetooth word mark is a registered trademark owner by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such mark by Chevrolet is under license.
V. My GM Rewards Program Terms
Updated effective as of May 1, 2020
Welcome to My GM Rewards Loyalty Program (the “Program”, also marketed under the names My Chevrolet Rewards, My Buick Rewards My GMC Rewards, and My Cadillac Rewards). Eligible participants who enroll in the Program (“Members”) can earn Program points (“Points”) by engaging in certain “Eligible Transactions” including, but not limited to, purchasing or leasing GM vehicles at participating GM dealerships in the United States (“Participating Dealer(s)”), purchasing certain goods or services from a Participating Dealer, or purchasing certain services from OnStar. Points can be redeemed for rewards (“Rewards”) at Participating Dealers or at other third-party, non-dealer retailers (“Third Party Retailers”). For a complete description of the most current Eligible Transactions, as well as details on earning and redeeming Points for Rewards, go to www.mygmrewards.com for details. The Program is operated by General Motors LLC (“GM”). The terms “you” and “your,” as used throughout these Terms and Conditions, refer to any eligible participants in the Program.
By participating in the Program, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) which govern your participation in the Program. These Terms are intended to protect GM and participants in the Program by defining the rights and obligations of both under the Program. GM reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time. Each time you participate or engage in any Program activities, including enrolling as a member, accessing your Program account or redeeming rewards under the Program, you are agreeing to be bound by and comply with the then-current Terms and the GM Privacy Statement found at www.gm.com/privacy. In some instances, both these Terms and/or additional terms explained in an offer or promotion setting forth additional or different terms and/or conditions (“Additional Terms”) will apply to your participation in the Program. To the extent there is a conflict between these Terms and any Additional terms, the Additional Terms will control.
You must make sure you read and understand these Terms prior to engaging in any Program activities. It is your responsibility to remain knowledgeable of any changes to these Terms. If you have questions about these Terms, you may contact the GM Rewards Member Center at 844-764-2665 however, these Terms cannot be modified or superseded except in writing by publishing new Terms or by a written communication from an authorized representative of GM.
1. Program Eligibility
The Program is open only to residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam), who are eighteen (18) years of age and older, have reached the age of majority in their state, have enrolled in the Program, have agreed to these Terms and are individual natural persons (an “Individual”). Business organizations of any kind, including but not limited to corporations, associations, partnerships, limited liability companies, or groups of any kind are not eligible to participate in the Program. No purchase is necessary to participate in the Program and you do not need to own a GM vehicle to participate in the Program. The Program is open to GM Employees, Retirees, Suppliers, Dealers, and Dealer Employees but restrictions may apply to General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020 earning or redeeming Points and to the compatibility of Rewards with other discounts or incentives.
One membership per Individual permitted.
GM may change these eligibility requirements at any time and reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant for any reason, in its sole discretion. Participation in the Program, and any application for membership in the Program, are void if prohibited by law in the state of the Member's residence and are subject to change as may be necessary to comply with such laws or regulations.
Notwithstanding any stated expiration date for the points, any Member who does not enter into any Eligible Transactions during any 12-month period may be removed from the Program and all accumulated Points may be forfeited and outstanding redemption certificates cancelled.
2. Member Accounts
- Enrollment. To become a Member, you must register for a “Member Account” by completing an enrollment application and be accepted by GM. When you enroll, we will ask you for certain personal information, such as your name, address, salutation (such as Mr. or Ms.), birth month and year, email address and phone number (your “Enrollment Information”) and GM may collect, use and share this information in accordance with these Terms and the GM Privacy Statement found at https://www.gm.com/privacy. To complete the enrollment process, you must acknowledge receipt of these Terms and our GM Privacy Statement and consent to our sharing your Enrollment Information with our Third Party Retailers. You can access our enrollment application via: https://www.mygmrewards.com. You are responsible for making GM aware of any changes in your contact information that occur after initial enrollment.
- Account Verification. To earn Points, you must be a Member prior to completing an Eligible Transaction and must complete verification of your Member Account. No Points will be earned for transactions completed prior to enrollment, unless otherwise determined by GM at its sole discretion. You most provide and maintain a valid e-mail address to participate in the Program. As a Member of the Program, you will receive regular account servicing updates by email and you acknowledge that GM may communicate with you about Program changes, Rewards and promotional opportunities by e-mail.
- Account Deactivation. Members may opt out of participation in the Program by contacting the GM Rewards Member Center at 844-764-2665. You will need to speak to a customer service agent directly to request that your account be deactivated. You must provide your member ID to deactivate your account. Upon your deactivation you will receive a confirmation email. Your ability to earn Points will be suspended on the date you opt out. If you opt out of Program, you will no longer have access to your account statement information, no Points will accumulate on future Eligible Transactions, and any accumulated Points will be void and unavailable for redemption upon their expiration.
- Account Security. Each Member is responsible for creating a secure Member Account and for maintaining the security of that account. If the security of account information is General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020 breached by a Member or other third party, GM is not liable for improper access to the Member Account, or for changes to a Member Account by another Member or third party. GM is not responsible in such circumstances for reinstatement of lost Points or for any damages or losses sustained by a Member as a result of such unauthorized access. If you become aware of any fraudulent or unauthorized activity on your Member Account, you must report the fraudulent or unauthorized activity to My Rewards member support at 844- 764-2665 and provide relevant information and cooperation to GM in connection with such activity.
- Suspicious Activity. GM has the right to monitor all Member Account activity. If your Member Account shows signs of fraud, abuse, or suspicious activity, GM has the right but not the obligation to close or freeze your Member Account immediately, and you may lose your Points. If you have conducted any fraudulent activity, or any activity that in GM’s sole discretion undermines the integrity of the Program, GM reserves the right to take any legal action GM deems appropriate and may rescind or confiscate any Points earned or redeemed in connection with such activity. In addition, you may be liable for monetary losses to GM, including litigation costs and damages, and you will not be allowed to participate in the Program in the future. To contest the freezing of a Member Account or the voiding of Points, please call the GM Rewards Member Center at 844-764-2665. If your Member Account does not reflect the correct number of Points that you should have been awarded as determined by GM, GM reserves the right to adjust your Point balance. If you believe your Member Account has been the subject of any suspicious activity, please contact the GM Rewards Member Center at 844-764-2665 immediately. GM also reserves the right at its discretion to transfer the Points you have earned to a new Member Account.
- Suspension. GM reserves the right, but does not have the obligation, to suspend or discontinue membership in the Program for any Member who is, in GM’s sole discretion, using the Program in a manner that is not consistent with these Terms or the intent of the Program, or who has:
- acted in a manner inconsistent with federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances;
- breached or violated any of these Terms
- engaged in any fraudulent or dishonest behavior, theft, misconduct or wrongdoing in connection with the Program;
- engaged in any abusive, fraudulent, disruptive, inappropriate, offensive or hostile conduct, whether physical or verbal, towards any employee, agent or representative of GM, or of any Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer; or
- failed to pay bills or accounts due to GM or to any Participating Dealer or ThirdParty Retailer.
If GM discontinues or terminates your membership, you may immediately lose all accumulated Points, and outstanding Rewards, including Vouchers (defined below), may be cancelled. You may also lose all other Program benefits. General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020
- General. GM may offer Points to Members for participation in Eligible Transactions. Points have no cash value, even if they accrue based on cash spent or are redeemed for discounts. Points are not your property and have no property value. Points are issued without separate payment or other consideration by you and exist at the sole discretion of GM as part of the Program. Points cannot be purchased or sold, cannot be redeemed for cash or credit or any other monetary value or currency, and cannot be used to pay debts. Points may not be assigned, transferred, traded or pledged to any third party, except as expressly authorized by GM. Points cannot be transferred by operation of law, such as by inheritance, in bankruptcy or in connection with a divorce. Points that are sold, transferred or assigned may be rescinded or confiscated at GM’s discretion. Points will be available only to the owner of the Member’s Account and only if the Member completes an Eligible Transaction.
- Earning Points. Members may earn Points by participating in Eligible Transactions, which may include purchasing eligible products or services at Participating Dealers or at Third Party Retailers. In order to receive Points, the individual participating in Eligible Transactions must match the Members’ account information. A complete list of Eligible Transactions is available at www.mygmrewards.com. The list of Eligible Transactions and the Points that are awarded for those transactions may change from time to time in GM’s discretion without notice. Participating Dealers and Third-Party Retailers can change at any time without notice. Members earn Points based on information provided to GM by Participating Dealers or Third-Party Retailers. Availability of Participating Dealerships and Third-Party Retailer will vary. Participating dealers can be located via the www.mygmrewards.com website in the “Locate a Dealer” field or by contacting the GM Rewards Member Call Center at 1-844-764-2665. Members will not earn Points for transactions at GM dealers that are not Participating Dealers or at retailers that are not Third-Party Retailers at the time of the transaction. Eligible Transactions and other Point earning offers and opportunities may be subject to Additional Terms, including eligibility restrictions and limited availability, and all such Additional Terms must be satisfied to earn Points for such transactions. Where Points are earned based on dollars spent, Members do not earn Points on taxes, discounts, rebates, credits, incentives, Body Shop repairs, or state inspection fees to the extent the price was reduced by the use of a coupon or Reward. If you return or exchange an item on which you earned Points, we may deduct Points from your account up to the number of Points you originally received for that purchase.
- Point Credits. Points will be credited to your account within 45 days after completing an Eligible Transaction. The award transaction date can in some circumstances differ from the earn transaction date. Points earned for enrollment and/or profile bonus points may not be redeemed on that same day for Participating Dealer services or vehicle redemptions. GM reserves the right to rescind or adjust at any time any pending or available Points that were awarded in connection with this Program. Points earned through fraudulent activity, sham, inaccurate reporting, mistake or falsified information may also be rescinded by GM. Point credits and redemption activity can be accessed on your Rewards Activity page accessible in your Member Account. If you believe you did not receive the correct amount of Points for an Eligible Transaction, you may contact the GM Rewards Member Center at General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020 844-764-2665 within ninety (90) days of completing the Eligible Transaction. GM will make the final determination, in its sole discretion, as to whether Point adjustments of any kind are justified
- Promotional Points. From time to time, GM may offer opportunities to earn Promotional Points that are subject to Additional Terms (“Promotional Points”). All applicable Additional Terms associated with the specific promotional offer must be met in order to earn Promotional Points. Promotional Points will be posted to your Member Account within 30 days after the end date of the applicable promotion, unless otherwise specified in the promotion-specific Additional Terms. Promotional Point offers are not redeemable for cash and are void where prohibited by law.
- Point Expiration. **Points will expire without further notice 5 years after the date the Points are credited to your account. Promotional Points may expire earlier, as disclosed in the applicable Additional Terms.**
- Point Transfers. GM may make available a tool to allow Members to transfer Points to other Members by completing a Points transfer application. To be eligible to receive a Point transfer, the recipient Member Account must be activated and the recipient Member’s primary email address must match the email address entered into the Point transfer application by the sending Member. As a Member, in the event of a Point transfer, you agree that your personal information such as your email address may be shared and used for purposes of completing the Point transfer process. Points transferred in this manner will retain their original expiration date from the sending Member Account. GM may set limits to the number of times Points can be transferred or to the number of Points that can be transferred. Transferred Points will be immediately removed from the sending Member Account and credited to the recipient Member Account. Point transfers are final, nonrefundable and nonreversible. GM may rescind or confiscate Points and suspend the Member Accounts of any Members who are suspected of using the Points transfer tool in a manner inconsistent with these Terms or to sell, purchase, trade or barter Points.
- Point Redemption. Members can redeem Points for Rewards at Participating Dealers and Third-Party Retailers. Visit www.mygmrewards.com to see where Points can be redeemed, and what Rewards are currently available. Members can redeem their Points for Rewards toward purchases of goods or services at participating Dealers or Third-Party Retailers so long as the Member has sufficient Points in their Member Account to qualify for the Reward. GM may change Rewards and Point costs for Rewards from time to time in its sole discretion. It is the responsibility of the Member to specifically request the redemption of Points in connection with a particular Reward. Once redemption is requested, the corresponding Points will be deducted from the Member Account immediately. There are two different ways to redeem Points depending on the Reward, see www.mygmrewards.com for more details.
For some Rewards, Members must redeem Points for a “Voucher”, which can be obtained at www.mygmrewards.com. To receive the benefit of a Voucher based Reward, the Member must present the Voucher to a Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer prior to completing a purchase. Vouchers may have an expiration date, and if not used by the General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020 expiration date the corresponding Points used to obtain the Voucher will be forfeited. Vouchers are void if copied, or if prohibited or restricted by law. All Vouchers are subject to and must be redeemed in strict compliance with any Additional Terms specified on the Voucher or at www.mygmrewards.com. Vouchers are good for a single transaction only and must be surrendered at the time of redemption. If a Voucher is presented to a Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer for goods or services of lesser value than the Voucher, the remainder of the Voucher value is forfeited. Vouchers can be canceled at any time by contacting the Member support center and points reinstated to the Members’ account before the expiration date.
For other Rewards redemptions, the Member must provide the email corresponding to their Member Account to the Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer.
- Reward Restrictions. Except as otherwise specified by GM in writing, Members using a GM Employee or GM Dealership Employee discount to purchase or lease a vehicle cannot combine Rewards with those discounts. GM reserves the right to make any other incentive or pricing program incompatible with Points and Rewards earned under the Program at any time. Rewards may not be combined with other discounts, packages or promotional offers from GM or from Participating Dealers or Third-Party Retailers.
Rewards may be used only once. Rewards may not be sold, bartered, brokered, purchased or otherwise assigned or transferred except with the express written consent of GM. Rewards, including Vouchers, have no cash value and Members have no property interest in Rewards. The maximum Point redemption value for a new vehicle purchase or lease allowance is limited to 200,000 Points. GM reserves the right to change this limit without notice. Points redeemed for a Reward are not refundable. Rewards will not be replaced, reissued or credited if lost, stolen or destroyed. Rewards may be subject to additional eligibility restrictions or limited availability. Rewards are available with Point redemption while supplies last. Cash back will not be allowed where Rewards are greater than the services obtained with the Rewards.
Members cannot use Points, Vouchers or Rewards toward certain products or services. Ineligible products include, but are not limited to: items excluded by law; prepaid cards; lottery tickets; cash equivalents (such as money orders, money transfers, and travelers’ checks); taxes; and other items GM or a Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer may deem ineligible. Rewards for discounts or credits on goods and services cannot be used to pay taxes. You are responsible for any personal tax liability that may be related to your use of Points and your redemption of Rewards.
Whether or not an item you purchase using Rewards can be returned at a Participating Dealer or Third-Party Retailer is subject to the discretion of GM or the Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer, respectively, and applicable law.
Redemption of vouchers for OnStar connected vehicle services (the “Services”) require that a user has an active Services account and that the OnStar account must be linked to the Members’ My Rewards account. Visit the Profile Settings page on General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020 MyGMRewards.com to link your Services account. To activate your OnStar account, press the OnStar Blue Button in your vehicle. Services are subject to the OnStar User Terms and Privacy Statement available at the OnStar website (http://www.onstar.com/us/en/user_terms/).
OnStar or Connected Vehicle Services account will be automatically linked to your My Rewards account upon enrollment.
Auto link occurs based on primary phone, followed by email, physical address and account holder name.
For issues finding or linking an account contact OnStar at 888-466-7827.
Redemption of vouchers for GM Financial rewards requires the Member to link their GM Financial account with their My GM Rewards Program account. Visit the Profile Settings page on MyGMRewards.com to link your GM Financial account.
4. GM BuyPower Card
As a Member, you hereby expressly authorize Capital One, N.A. (“Capital One”) and GM and its affiliates, to exchange information about your account(s) and your Personal Information, so that you can receive the benefits of the Program, and so that GM and Capital One can inform you of additional information, offers and opportunities. To earn Points for becoming a GM BuyPower Cardholder, you must be an enrolled Member prior to applying for and receiving any GM BuyPower Card. No Points will be earned for the acquisition or receipt of a GM BuyPower Card prior to enrollment in the Program, unless otherwise determined by GM at its discretion.
5. GM Financial
By registering for the Program, you agree that GM and its affiliates may share your personal information as necessary to administer the program. By providing your GM Financial account number, you authorize GM Financial to share information about any prior financing or leases, including, but not limited to, vehicle identification number (“VIN”) and your participation in designated activities necessary to earn points so that GM can verify your points under the My Rewards program. If you no longer consent to GM Financial sharing such information for the My Rewards program you can withdraw your consent at any time by removing your GM Financial account number from your Loyalty account or by writing to us at (please provide your VIN for the applicable vehicle):
PO Box 183621
Arlington, TX 76096-3621
By removing your GM Financial account number or opting out by mail, you will no longer be eligible to earn or redeem points through GM Financial.
6. Governing Law
General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020 The laws of the state of Michigan and federal law govern these Terms and any aspect of your relationship with GM under the Program. They govern without regard to any conflicts of laws principles that would cause the application of the substantive law of another jurisdiction.
7. Dispute Resolution
GM is committed to customer satisfaction, so if you have a problem or dispute, we will try to resolve your concerns. But if we are unsuccessful, you may pursue claims as explained in this section.
ANY AND ALL PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE CLAIMS WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN IN ARBITRATION WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
EACH PARTY WILL BEAR ITS OWN COSTS, FEES AND EXPENSES OF ARBITRATION.
This section will survive termination of the Program or your Member Account and any bankruptcy. If any portion of this Dispute Resolution section is deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will not invalidate the remaining portions of this Dispute Resolution section.
8. Limitations of Liability
GM makes no guarantees, warranties, or representations of any kind concerning the Program except as expressly contained in these Terms. You release GM and its affiliates, participating Dealers and Third Party Retailers from all liability regarding the earning, redemption, and use of Points, including any Rewards that, after receipt, may be lost, stolen, or destroyed.
Participating Dealers and Third Party Retailers are independent contractors and are not agents or representatives of GM. Redemption at a Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer may vary. GM is not responsible for, and assumes no liability for, the actions or redemption responsibilities of a Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer. Nothing in the Program or in these Terms is intended to create any agency, partnership or joint venture between GM and any Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer. If any Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer improperly denies any Member any benefit they are entitled to under the Program, the liability of the Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer, or of GM, is limited to the fair market value of the denied benefit as determined by GM.
GM PROVIDES THE PROGRAM “AS IS” AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DESIGN, ACCURACY, CAPABILITY, SUFFICIENCY, SUITABILITY, CAPACITY, COMPLETENESS OR AVAILABILITY.
You agree that GM has not represented that (1) the Program will include any particular products or services, (2) that the Program will not be interrupted, without omissions or error free, or (3) that defects will be corrected or changes implemented. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO GM’S OWN NEGLIGENCE, WILL GM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM, EVEN IF A REPRESENTATIVE OF GM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In the event GM is held liable for any act, error or omission related to the Program, your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to reimbursement for services or products you paid for but did not receive under the Program, or the issuance of Points under the Program as compensation, at GM’s election. You agree to waive any claim or action of any kind in any forum that is not commenced and served on GM within two (2) years after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
9. Modifications of Terms
- General. GM may modify, amend, cancel, delete, change or terminate the Program or any Terms of the Program in any manner at any time in GM’s sole discretion, General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020 including but not limited to terms applicable to eligibility for Membership, Point values, redemption values, rules for receiving or using Points, or any other aspect of the Program. These modifications may affect Points already received, including Point value, or the opportunity to use such Points or their redemption rate. We will provide notice of modification of these Terms by posting revisions to these Terms on www.mygmrewards.com and updating the last modified date. If required by applicable law, we will additionally send notice of the modifications to you at an email address we have on file. Modifications to these Terms are effective immediately when posted. You agree that each time you access your Member Account or otherwise use or participate in the Program you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by the then-current Terms. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that GM may make to these Terms and should therefore review the Terms each time you use or access the Program. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms as modified, your only recourse is to cancel your Member Account and your failure to do so constitutes your continued acceptance of these Terms. The most current version of these Terms are available at www.mygmrewards.com and supersede all previous versions of these Terms.
GM may, but is not required to, send notice to Members to advise them as to Point forfeiture or Program updates, modifications or changes. Neither GM nor any Participating Dealer or Third Party Retailer will be liable for failing to notify a Member of such changes, modifications or forfeitures, or for problems of any kind with any of the programming or equipment associated with or utilized by a Member, or for any human error or any disruption, interruption, deletion, omission, defect or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, or for problems related to computer software, equipment, inability to access any website or online service, or any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction, or for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, unintelligible, misdirected or damaged mail or email. All interpretations of these Terms are at the sole discretion of GM, and its determinations as to these Terms shall be final.
- Termination of the Program. While the Program has no predetermined end date, GM may terminate the Program at any time, with or without notice. In the event the Program is terminated, you will have ninety (90) days from the date the Program termination is announced to use any available Points remaining in your Member Account and any outstanding Rewards. After that date, any Points or Rewards, including Vouchers, will be forfeited without compensation.
- Invalidity. If any provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. The failure of GM to exercise any of its rights under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of such rights in any other instance.
10. Tax Implications
- The monetary value of a Reward for which you redeem your Points may be considered taxable income from GM in the tax year in which you redeem the Points, in accordance with U.S. tax law. GM may be required to send you (and file with the IRS) a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) for the year in which you redeem General Motors My Rewards Program Terms and Conditions – May 1, 2020 your Points for a Reward when the value of the Reward plus other taxable miscellaneous income you receive from GM totals $600 or more for a calendar year. We determine the taxable value of Rewards received through your Points redemptions for this purpose. You're responsible for any personal tax liability due to the receipt of a Reward due to your Point redemption. Please consult with your tax advisor.