Chevy is here for you.
When disaster strikes, those affected need help quickly. That’s why we’re there to roll up our sleeves and offer a hand.
Chevrolet is offering OnStar Crisis Assist† services to current, eligible owners impacted by Hurricane Ian for a limited time.† By pushing the blue OnStar button, our specially trained Advisors can provide access to emergency services, special routing assistance, and data for the available in-vehicle Wi-Fi® Hotspot† for 30 days to stay connected on the go.
Our Advisors are ready to help 24/7 during this great time of need with:
- Coordinating emergency rescue and evacuation services
- Routing away from danger
- Connecting callers with loved ones, family and friends
- Directing to resources like food, water, fuel, shelter and hotel rooms
- Handling “Good Samaritan” calls to help others impacted
- Adding data for the available in-vehicle Wi-Fi® Hotspot† (data plans provided by AT&T)
Need a new vehicle?
When you’re ready, we’ll be right here to do everything we can with Disaster Relief Assistance for those with a qualifying damaged vehicle:† $500 lease assistance or $1,000 purchase assistance available on most 2022/2023 models above and beyond other eligible incentives.
Looking to lend a hand?
If you’re looking for a way to help with ongoing and future relief efforts, the American Red Cross is always looking for volunteers and donations. See how you can make a difference today.