Google Assistant – Quick Start
Talk to Google Assistant† for hands-free help in your vehicle. Call or text friends, listen to music, set reminders or even change the temperature in your vehicle. You can also change your vehicle’s default voice assistant to Alexa† or use your paired phone’s compatible voice assistant (e.g., Siri®†).
Ways to activate Google Assistant (default):
- Simply say “Hey Google,” followed by a voice command
- Tap the Google Assistant icon on the center display, then say a voice command
- Short press and release of the Push-to-Talk button on the steering wheel
- Tap the Microphone icon while in Google Maps
Try saying “Hey Google,” followed by one of the commands listed below:
- “Call Sally”
- “Text Jimmy ‘on my way’”
- “Set the temperature to 70 degrees”
- “Navigate to the closest charging station”
- “Play Lithium on SiriusXM”
- “Navigate home”
- “Navigate to San Francisco”
You can use Alexa to control your vehicle using many of the same skills and features as Alexa in your home. Tap the Amazon Alexa icon on your infotainment screen to get started. If you don't see the Alexa icon on your screen, check if a software update is available, as this feature will become available in a future update.
Use Your Paired Phone’s Compatible Voice Assistant
You can also use the voice assistant of your Bluetooth®† paired, compatible smartphone, such as Siri on iPhone® devices. To use it, press and hold the Push-to-Talk button on the right side of the steering wheel until you hear the Siri tone. After the prompt, say your command.
Note: Google Assistant and Alexa require a paid service plan or trial.
For your security, please don’t include personal info such as phone number, address or credit card details.
Looking for something else?
Need more help?
Communicate with one of our specialists.