Music for every moment
Spotify®† is the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with more than 517 million users worldwide — and it’s now available on the road.
About the Spotify In-Vehicle App
The Spotify In-Vehicle App lets you discover millions of songs, podcasts, audiobooks, customized playlists and listening recommendations based on your preferences.
Spotify is a free service that allows for paid subscriptions for exclusive features, including improved sound quality and an ad-free music listening experience.
The Spotify app is now available on compatible infotainment systems† and requires an eligible OnStar® plan.†
- To download the Spotify In-Vehicle App, start by opening the APPS† icon on your vehicle’s center display and select SPOTIFY.
- Launch Spotify by tapping the SPOTIFY icon on your vehicle’s center display. To continue, accept Spotify’s Terms and Conditions.
- Once the app is open, you will see an option to pair your vehicle via the link spotify.com/pair. This allows you to pair your vehicle with your Spotify account via your smartphone by entering a code that will appear on your center display.
- You can log in with your username and password or sign up for a Spotify account if you do not already have one. You can also visit spotify.com on your smartphone, tablet or personal computer to set up a Spotify account.
Once you’ve opened the Spotify app, you’ll notice several icons at the top of the home screen.
These icons help you navigate content.
Here’s how they work:
- HOME features recommendations of playlists and content based on your listening preferences.
- RECENTS reveals recently played content on your Spotify account, across all your devices.
- LIBRARY gives you quick access to browse and play saved playlists and content.
- MINI PLAYER shows recently played content, where you can “like,” “skip,” “play,” “pause” or “shuffle.”
- BROWSE lets you explore music through a list of top charts and categories based on genre or mood.
On properly equipped vehicles, you can also control your Spotify experience with Alexa Built-In voice control.† With Alexa Built-In, you can ask Alexa to play a podcast, play a song, album or artist, or play music based on a mood, all within the Spotify app.
For your security, please don’t include personal info such as phone number, address or credit card details.
Related Links and Resources
Yes, you can use your In-Vehicle Data connection to use the Spotify In-Vehicle App.
Looking for something else?
Need more help?
Communicate with one of our specialists.