Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 2 Minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: Modular Sky Panels, Accessory GMC Hummer EV Sky Panel Storage Set for eTrunk
The removable glass panel of the Multi-Flex® Midgate is designed to give you cargo versatility. Once removed, it can be stored in a storage pocket on the interior side of the midgate.
Removing the Rear Glass
- Make sure the rear defroster is turned off.
- Fold the rear seats.
Note: The rear glass can be removed without folding the second-row seats down, but you won’t be able to access the rear-glass storage pocket.
- From inside the cabin, locate the glass-latch levers near the upper corners of the rear glass.
- Squeeze the inner portion of both levers and pull down.
- Locate the glass catch that extends out of the trim surrounding the glass latch on the driver’s side. Use this catch to help prevent the glass from falling forward during removal.
- Supporting the glass at the top edge, press the glass catch to release the glass. Carefully shift your hands to the grab handles at the top.
- With the glass panel tilted toward you, use the grab handles to lift it out of its track.
Note: The rear glass of the Multi-Flex Midgate should be either installed in its normal position or stowed in the storage pocket while the vehicle is in motion.
Loading the Glass Panel into the Storage Pocket
- Note the location of the glass-stow retainer handles. There is one at the top center of the storage pocket and one in each corner.
- Make sure all three of these are in the up position.
- Guide the rear glass into the storage pocket by sliding the lower edge of the rear glass behind the two tabs at the bottom of the midgate.
- Holding the rear glass flat against the storage pocket with the grab handles facing you, settle the glass against the interior side of the door.
- Push the glass against the glass-stow retainer at the top center of the storage pocket. Continue pushing until the center glass-stow retainer handle slides down.
- Push down the other two glass-stow retainer slider handles (one in each corner).
- Once the three glass-stow retainer handles are in the locked position, the rear glass is securely stowed.
- Push both glass-latch levers upward until you hear a click indicating they’re locked.
Note: With every use, check that the rear-glass panel is stored securely in the storage pocket.
Reinstalling the Rear Glass
- Locate the glass-latch levers near the upper corners of the rear-glass opening. Squeeze the inner portion of both levers and pull down.
- Hold the rear glass in place with one hand and push up on each of the three glass-stow retainer handles until you hear a click.
- Pull the rear glass out from the storage pocket using the grab handles.
- With the rear glass tilted at an angle, place the bottom edge in the lower channel of the window frame.
- Be sure to align the glass using the locator at the bottom middle of the glass and the glass alignment arrow(s).
- While still holding the grab handles, push the rear glass flat against the window frame.
- Push each of the latch levers up until you hear a click indicating they’re closed.
For your security, please don’t include personal info such as phone number, address or credit card details.
Related Links and Resources
Removing the rear glass with the rear defroster on might cause a spark from the glass-latch area. To avoid this, make sure the rear defroster is turned off before attempting to remove the rear-glass panel.
Yes, the rear glass should be either installed in its normal position or stowed in the storage pocket while the vehicle is in motion.
Looking for something else?
Need more help?
Communicate with one of our specialists.