The people’s champ
From cruisers to pickups, factory-engineered power can make every hot rod a winner.
PRODUCTION CYLINDER BLOCKS
Whether you’re building a simple street engine or a drag-racing engine, starting with a strong LS cylinder block assures thrilling performance.
LSX Bowtie Block
Combining professional racing-level strength and entry-level affordability, the LSX Bowtie Block is our latest evolution in high-performance engine building.
- CNC-machined cast-iron block
- True priority main oiling
- 6-head bolts per cylinder
- Standard 4.400" bore spacing
- Extra-thick siamese cylinder bores
- Semi-finished, machined thicker decks
- LS7-style, 6-bolt dowel-located billet main bearing caps
- Wet-sump and dry-sump oiling capability
- Production-style deep-skirt head bolt holes
- Production bolt hole and thread sizes
- Maintains production exterior accessory mounting provisions
- Front motor plate mounting holes added
- Additional material cast around cam bearings for greater strength
- 8 mm exterior/interior fifth- and sixth-head bolt holes
- Standard 0.842" lifter bores
- Accommodates all LS oil pumps and oil pans
- External oil pump feed (rear of block)
- Main web bay-to-bay breathing holes to support greater horsepower
- Includes unique cam retainer, rear cover, and lifter retainers
- Front oil feed holes can be plugged/restricted for mechanical flat tappet or mechanical roller lifter applications
- Can be machined safely to 9.200" deck height
- Maximum 4.200" bore at .200" minimum wall thickness (naturally aspirated applications)
- Head bolt holes can be machined for 1/2" studs
- Cam bores can be machined to accept 60mm roller bearings
- Can be machined for larger diameter lifters and/or 1.060" bronze bushings
- Front oil feed lines can be plugged and external oil pump and/or aftermarket dry sump systems can be used via oil pump feed at rear of block – may be required with certain large stroke/aluminum rod combinations
- Belt cam drive systems can be accommodated – some machining will be required
- Front motor plate can be used for racing chassis applications (sprint car, drag racing, truck pulling, etc.).
- Threaded water plugs can be used for external heaters or coolers
- Extra stock for main bearing align-honed
- 400 mPa tensile strength iron
Subscribe to receive monthly email communications such as news, offers, and more from Chevrolet Performance.
Visit TheBLOCK.com for a behind-the-scenes look at the world of Chevrolet Performance from an enthusiast's point of view.