2018-10-8 | Chevy New Roads Magazine
Chevrolet has partnered with Amazon to deliver packages to your connected car.
Online shopping has made holiday gift giving easy, but Chevrolet and Amazon have found a way to make receiving that influx of packages even easier. With Key by Amazon In-Car Delivery,† Prime members can have purchases delivered into their vehicles for no extra cost, even if they’re away from home. All deliveries are backed by the worry-free Key by Amazon Happiness Guarantee.†
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Amazon Key App† to link your Amazon and Chevrolet Owner Center accounts.
- When checking out, select in-car delivery, and on delivery day, park within two blocks of your selected address in an open, street-level, publicly accessible area.
- GPS locates the vehicle, and Key by Amazon uses an encrypted authentication process to verify the delivery driver, vehicle, and location before unlocking your vehicle.
- You’ll get texts when the delivery is in process, as well as when it has been completed and your vehicle has been relocked, so packages are kept safe and secure.
- If your vehicle isn’t where it’s supposed to be, the driver will attempt to deliver to your selected backup option.
The service requires an active service plan† and a 2015 or newer Chevrolet model. To check your eligibility and see if Key by Amazon is already available in your area, go to amazon.com/keyincar.
STORY: ELIZABETH SWANSON