Keep up with weather on the road
About The Weather Channel In-Vehicle App
The Weather Channel In-Vehicle App, available through your vehicle’s infotainment system,† lets you check current local weather conditions, detailed forecasts (hourly and five-day), Severe Weather Alert notifications and radar maps. Forecasts and Severe Weather Alerts can be read out loud through the app to help you keep your eyes on the road.
To download The Weather Channel In-Vehicle App, you must have an eligible Connected Services† plan. A data connection is required.
To get started, download The Weather Channel In-Vehicle App by opening the APPS† icon or Google Play Store on your vehicle’s center display, depending on your model, and selecting THE WEATHER CHANNEL. Launch the app by tapping THE WEATHER CHANNEL icon on your vehicle’s center display. After opening the app, accept the Terms and Conditions.
Choose whether or not to enroll in Severe Weather Alerts. (Note: you can always go to “Settings” in your The Weather Channel App to opt in/out of receiving the Severe Weather Alert notifications in the future.)
When you open The Weather Channel In-Vehicle App, you’ll see several tiles on the screen. Here’s what they do:
- HOME SCREEN shows you the weather in your current location
- You’ll see the temperature in the middle of the screen, as well as estimated high and low temperatures for the day
- On the left and right sides of the screen, you’ll see chances of precipitation for today and tomorrow
- In the lower-left corner, you’ll see visibility and wind conditions
- Press the SPEAKER icon in the center of the screen to have current conditions read to you
- HOURLY lets you see hour-to-hour forecasts
- DAILY lets you see forecasts for the next five days
- RADAR shows you a weather radar map of your local area. You’ll see a bar describing what the colors you see mean on the radar map in the upper-right corner of the screen. If you are in an area experiencing severe weather, the affected area will also be displayed on the map. By clicking on the alert overlay, you will be directed to the alert detail page to see more information about the current severe weather alert
- LOCATION lets you adjust your location for weather updates or to see the weather in other areas. This option is blocked while in “Drive” because it requires user input
- SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS sends you notifications while the app is running in the background or while you're in the app
- You have the option to click on or dismiss the alert notification
- Once clicked, The Weather Channel App opens and you can see a short version of the notification while driving
- When in PARK, you can read the entire notification
- You can also select the SPEAKER icon to listen to a readout of the severe weather alert
Related Links and Resources
Yes, you can use your In-Vehicle Data connection to use the app.
Looking for something else?
Need more help?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
To find out if your vehicle has this feature, contact your dealer or refer to your vehicle’s equipment list. Please check your Owner’s Manual for more information about features.