Big power for LSX stock drag racing
The DR525 sealed drag racing crate engine signals an important advancement for drag racing, enabling exciting heads-up racing at a lower cost than custom-built engines.
PART NO. 19432629
525 HP @6200 RPM
498 LB/FT @4400 RPM
The DR525 is designed as the spec engine for NMCA’s LS Stock racing class in the LSX Showdown Challenge Series. The 6.2L (376 cubic inches) naturally aspirated engine is rated at 525 horsepower with 498 lb.-ft.torque, and features several tamper-proof seals to ensure class compliance.
DR525 Tech Specs
- Part Number: 19432629
- Engine Type: LS-Series Gen-IV Small-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu. in.): 376 (6.2L)
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.065 x 3.622 (103.25 x 92mm)
- Block (P/N 12623967): Cast aluminum with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 12685659): Nodular iron
- Connecting Rods (P/N 12649190): Powdered metal
- Pistons (P/N 19207287): Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 88958770): Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift (in.): .525 intake / .525 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@0.050 in.): 226° intake / 236° exhaust
- Water Pump (P/N 12725009): LS3
- Cylinder Heads (P/N 12675871): Aluminum L92-style port; “as cast” with 68-cc chambers
- Valve Size (in.): 2.165 intake / 1.590 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 12696105 int): Investment-cast, roller trunnion
- Rocker Arms (P/N 12681275 exh): Investment-cast, roller trunnion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 7000 (with appropriate Chevrolet Performance Engine Control Kit)
- Reluctor Wheel: 58X
- Balanced: Internal
Subscribe to receive monthly email communications such as news, offers, and more from Chevrolet Performance.
Visit TheBLOCK.com for a behind-the-scenes look at the world of Chevrolet Performance from an enthusiast's point of view.