How To Add or Remove a Vehicle From My Account
Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 5 Minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: None
If your vehicle has an active OnStar® and Connected Services† plan, you'll need to call 1-888-466-7827 to add or remove it from My Account. If your vehicle does not have an active plan, you can add or remove it online through My Account. First sign in and then follow the corresponding instructions.
Add a Vehicle (Without an Active OnStar and Connected Services Plan)
1. Select the account icon. The account panel will display.
2. Select Manage Vehicles.
3. Select the Add Vehicle button.
4. Enter your vehicle’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Your VIN has 17 alphanumeric characters. It's located on:
a. The driver’s side of the dashboard where the dashboard meets the windshield (it’s best viewed from outside the vehicle).
b. The driver’s door frame — open the driver’s door and find the VIN sticker.
c. Your vehicle’s registration or insurance card.
d. Your monthly diagnostics report email (if you have this feature).
5. The vehicle will now appear in My Account.
Remove a Vehicle (Without an Active OnStar and Connected Services Plan)
1. Select the account icon. The account panel will appear.
2. Select Manage Vehicles.
3. Find the vehicle you want to remove and select Remove Vehicle.
4. The system will ask you for a reason. Choose a reason and select Remove.
Note: If you remove the only vehicle in My Account, you will be prompted to add one the next time you sign in.
Related Links and Resources
Try reentering it — it must match exactly. If that doesn’t work, call 1-866-694-6546 for assistance.
Note: The system won’t recognize your vehicle if it was purchased outside the United States. If you purchased your vehicle in Canada or Mexico, create an account on my.gm.ca or my.gm.com.mx.
The system may not recognize your VIN if your vehicle is a new purchase. Sometimes it takes a while for the VIN to appear in GM systems. If you have a new purchase and you are sure that you entered the VIN correctly — yet the system still does not recognize your VIN — register your vehicle by year, make and model.
1. Go to Chevrolet.com.
2. Select the account icon.
3. Sign in to My Account.
4. Select the account icon. The account panel will display.
5. Select Manage Vehicles.
6. Select the Add Vehicle button then register by year, make and model from the bottom of the page. Click Save.
7. Return to the Edit Vehicle Information page and enter your VIN, then click Save and Finish. Once your vehicle is in the GM system, information specific to your vehicle will be displayed.
Looking for something else?
Need more help?
Communicate with one of our specialists.