Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 5 Minutes | Tools Required: None
Here are instructions for quickly defogging your windshield.
To Defog Your Windshield
A fogged-up windshield is easy to correct with the proper settings. For best results, clear all snow and ice from the windshield and rear window.
- Press the Defog/Defrost button. Or, if equipped, press the Max Defrost button.
- Turn off the Recirculation button if it’s on.
- Press the Sync button (if equipped).
- Set the fan to the highest setting.
- If defrosting, set the temperature to High (automatic system) or Full Hot (manual system).
- If defogging, turn the A/C to On.
- Once the windshield is clear, revert to your desired settings.
To maintain a clear windshield, turn off the Recirculation button, select Airflow Distribution to the windshield and floor, set the Fan to a medium setting and the Temperature to a warmer setting.
Related Links and Resources
Looking for something else?
Need more help?
Communicate with one of our specialists.